Domain structures of plant formins
Schematic summary of structural types
- SP - Signal peptide or membrane anchor.
- TM - Putative transmembrane sequence.
- EC - Extracytoplasmic low complexity region,
- FH1 - Formin homology 1 domain - essentially
a Pro-rich sequence, believed to mediate interaction with actin-associated
proteins and WW proteins.
- FH2 - Formin Homology 2 domain - SMART SM0498,
Click here for alignments and trees.
- CC - Coiled-coil.
- IR - Internal repeat (details at pages of the proteins involved - it is
a different repeat in each case).
- Pten - PTPc_DSPc: Protein tyrosine phosphatase,
catalytic domain, undefined specificity. SMART